Senior Technical Program ManagerApply for this job
- Emerging Technologies
- Mountain View, San Francisco
- Be self-motivated, capable of organizing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision.
- Adapt and evolve to the needs of different teams through the project or program lifecycle.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that span development teams and in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Communicate and track program risks and flag problems before they happen.
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of the teams within their domain area by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify projects or programs that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Negotiate and build consensus among project teams.
- 3-5 years working on a Program or Project Management role.
- Experience taking early adopter tech and putting it into market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) and the technology that drives the Web.
- Ability to build consensus and drive decision making when there are conflicting opinions and no clear answer.
- Ability to take loosely defined requirements or projects and distill them into actionable items.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Proficiency working with people ranging from VPs to junior engineers.
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- CS or Engineering background.
- Experience working with research teams.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, and Mercurial or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.