User Experience DesignerApply for this job
- Portland, San Francisco
Initially, this role will focus on our Firefox marketing experience and work with the teams responsible for acquiring new users, retaining those users, and fully engaging them with the brand. The integrated teams, composed of writers, UX and UI designers, growth strategists, product marketers, and analytics and SEO specialists, work harmoniously and iteratively in agile sprints to concept, design and build innovative user experiences that communicate rich content to Mozilla and Firefox users and drive engagement. It’s a dynamic and exciting team to be a part of.You are:
A smart and passionate UX designer who asks questions, is interested in data and research and wants to create user-centered experiences. You are able to think on a macro and a micro level, and make decisions that support end-to-end user journey. You look for new ways to increase experience customization and shape the overall user engagement. You have experience designing and shipping rich consumer facing experiences. You’re enthusiastic about how things work and interact, and in creating a visually cohesive and well designed experience.You will:
- Work closely with the business lead to help identify key priorities and marketing opportunities based on user insights
- Apply conceptual thinking to create desirable and feasible multi-platform digital solutions, combining user needs, business objectives and technical realities
- Apply user-centered design methodologies to ensure ideas are based on customer needs.
- Create wireframes and build prototypes to illustrate concepts and work closely with developers to build out experiences.
- Look for innovative ways to create experiences that support user engagement and retention.
- Use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Iterate quickly and provide options to external partners. Advocate for the importance of user centered design and consumer quality experiences on the team and within the greater organization.
- Passion to design excellent experiences for humans
- +5 years of professional experience in experience design
- Strong portfolio of interaction design and visual design
- Ability to rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Experience Design, Interaction Design or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience designing and shipping end to end consumer experiences
- Knowledge of user research
- Experience with user retention and membership work
- Multi-disciplinary, always-learning mindset
- Experience in working on a distributed team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.