Senior UI/UX DesignerApply for this job
- Portland, San Francisco
Initially, this role will focus on our website properties, specifically www.mozilla.org, and work directly with the website team, composed of developers, writers, UX, analytics and SEO specialists. The team works collaboratively and iteratively in agile sprints to concept, design and build web experiences. This team has insight into all of the business strategies and initiatives at Mozilla and is responsible for the main content platform for Mozilla and Firefox. It’s a dynamic and exciting team to be a part of. Your role will be to design a connected, compelling experience for our users as they move across and into our website.You are:
A smart and passionate UI/UX designer, you’re comfortable asking questions, interested in data and research and looking to create user-centered experiences. You think on a macro and a micro level, make decisions that support both the system and the individual component. You are well versed in both UX and UI and are able to contribute on both levels. You have experience designing and shipping consumer facing digital products. You’re passionate about how things work and interact and in creating a visually cohesive and well designed experience.You will:
- Work closely with the business lead to help identify key priorities and opportunities for website experience based on business objectives and user insights.
- Help with intake and shape project strategy, process and goals.
- Create wireframes and build prototypes to illustrate concepts and work closely with developers to build out an interaction framework.
- Work within and help to expand upon the current UI system. Use the system to design new sections of the website.
- Think systemically and help create a pain free and seamless experience for the user.
- Iterate quickly and provide options to external partners.
- Advocate for the importance of user centered design and consumer quality experiences on the team and within the greater organization.
- Passion to design excellent products for humans
- +7 years of professional experience in UI/UX design
- Strong portfolio of interaction design and visual design
- Ability to rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions in a shared environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Experience Design, Interaction Design or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience designing and shipping digital consumer facing products
- Knowledge of user research
- Strong visual design skills:
- Pixel perfect design
- Type, color, layout, hierarchy
- Iconography and illustration
- Image making Experience with creating digital design systems
- Experience with creating digital design systems
- Multi-disciplinary, always-learning mindset
- Experience in working on a distributed team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.