HR Senior Project ManagerApply for this job
- People & Organizational Development
- Mountain View, San Francisco
You are a seasoned project manager who has worked in the HR space for 5+ years. As Project Management professional you exhibit a high level of ownership and assume accountability for leading and delivering projects for the HR organization. Ideally, you have a strong background in HR business processes, technology and operations projects. You’ve led small and large-scale programs as well as multiple concurrent projects that are HR, systems and/or operational projects, and love learning about new technologies. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships and trust with partners and customers at all levels of Mozilla. You are not afraid to be tough, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.Responsibilities:
- Ensure alignment between our projects and Mozilla’s vision, mission and top line goals
- Charter projects in our roadmap with a focus on achieving our capability goals
- Establish, maintain, and report on the critical success measures, performance objectives and process and procedure to control project operations and changes.
- Establish and maintain metrics to indicate the health and progress of projects
- Verify and validate projects, ensuring adherence to standards and alignment with the vision.
- Ensure there are regular reviews, accountability and management of projects including hands-on management of individual projects
- Coordinate organizational change management efforts associated with our projects
- Resolve any blockers in projects or initiatives underway that are impeding program success
- Investigate and evaluate opportunities to improve work flows and delivery models to increase efficiency and delivery velocity
- Help maintain our capability and maturity model as new issues are identified and capabilities are achieved
- 5+ years of project management experience in a HR/Operations/Technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage project resources
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated project management leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many activities without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes-imperfect data.
- Strong communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Results and detail oriented.
- Strong sense of accountability and motivated
- Well-versed in the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Experience with project methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall.
- Ability to develop business and cost justifications for program initiation and funding approval
- Knowledge and experience using Project Management tools and techniques
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed workforce through the use of video conferencing and Internet chat communications tools.
Mozilla is a global and highly-diverse organization chock-full of incredibly talented people whom you will no doubt learn from. Your role will have purpose, as our objective at Mozilla is to keep the Internet alive and accessible. Our goals are challenging, yet our work environment is casual and highly flexible.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.