Media & Issues Public Relations ManagerApply for this job
As a Media Relations Manager at Mozilla, you will be:
- Driving process, strategy, recommendations around all incoming media opps for best possible result – turning reactive into active. (this is more than a full-time job most days and includes cross-team and agency support)
- Overseeing organization/updating of all press centers and press materials, statements/FAQs etc to team and spokespeople
- Working with the global team to identify trends and possible pitches and predict reactive statements as needed
- Helping to maintain our announcement calendar, activity tracker, weekly SCVP report etc.
- Supporting our policy and product teams on major launches, product and corporate campaigns and activities
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Excellent writing and social communication skills
- Strong character, ethics, attention to detail and a high standard of performance
- Prior experience leading media relations
- Mix of in-house, agency and media experience a plus
- Experience working with open source communities, policy, consumer technology and/or developer communities a plus
- German and English written and oral communications fluency
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.