Contracts AdministratorApply for this job
- Operations (Mozilla Foundation)
- Mountain View, Portland, Remote, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
The Mozilla Foundation is passionate about the Internet remaining a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto.
The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
The Strategic Operations team is seeking a Contracts Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for drafting and negotiating independent contractor, consulting, vendor and other agreements; and you will support and work closely with team members throughout the Foundation to advance our mission to protect the free and open Internet.
You are a reliable and self-motivated individual with relational and communication skills, in written and verbal form. You will thrive working both independently and as part of our team.
You have a genuine interest in logistical responsibilities, a minimum of three years contracts administration experience, and are motivated to learn, grow, and contribute to the impact of the organization.What you’ll do:
You will prioritize, review, draft, negotiate, and process consulting, vendor, and contractor commercial agreements, as well as other agreements that may come up from time to time, and support program teams as needed. As part of this:
- You will draft agreements from established templates and coordinate with Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and teams across the organization to conduct and obtain all needed reviews and approvals;
- You will liaise with external partners as required;
- You will be responsible for the contract lifecycle from request intake to electronic signature of documents and internal filing, using tools such as Bugzilla, Adobe Sign, Bill.com and Box;
- You will work with and support contractors, partners, fellows, grantees, and Mozilla program teams, including tracking fellowship travel and tax withholding requirements and assisting with immigration-related needs;
- You will help to define new contract and program management processes; identify and implement opportunities to streamline existing processes;
- You will assist the Operations Team in identifying and/or developing team priorities and goals;
- You will maintain the Foundation's contracts management system.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant non-lawyer contracts management and/or paralegal background with extensive experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Excellent oral and written communication, drafting, and negotiation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Dedication to service and support for members of our team; timely response to requests and follow-up as needed
- Excellent project and time management skills including experience being an active participant in planning, developing, and maintaining contract processes
- Risk analysis experience and appreciation of business considerations; comfortable making business and legal recommendations to members of our team
- Enthusiasm for the Mozilla mission; Ability to operate independently and as a team member
- In-house technology company experience, and familiarity with web technologies
- Be a notary public or willing to become one
This position may be based in the United States or Canada, working remotely or in one of our North American offices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.