Contracts AdministratorApply for this job
- Operations (Mozilla Foundation)
The Mozilla Foundation is passionate about the Internet remaining a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto.
The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for drafting and negotiating vendor, consulting, and independent contractor contracts, as well as fellowship and grant agreements at a nonprofit organization that aims to improve the value of the open web as a global public resource for the benefit of all. You are a reliable, self-motivated individual who can work independently but also as part of a team.
You have a genuine interest in logistical work, experience handling international administration, and an openness to handling a variety of tasks related to programs and contracts. You are attentive, inventive, super organized and comfortable working quickly with an awesome local and remote team passionate about protecting the free and open internet.What you’ll do:
Triage, review, draft, negotiate, and process consulting, vendor, and contractor commercial agreements, as well as fellowship and grant agreements. As part of this, you will:
- Coordinate with Finance, HR, Legal, and other teams to make sure all needed reviews are conducted and approvals received before a contract is signed
- Liaise with external partners as required
- Utilize Mozilla’s tools to administer the contract lifecycle, including Bugzilla and electronic signature of documents
- Work with - and support - fellows, grantees, contractors, program teams and partners, including by tracking tax forms and tax withholding requirements, fellowship travel and immigration needs.
- Help to define new contract and program management processes; identify and implement opportunities to streamline existing processes
- Assist the team in identifying and/or developing team priorities and goals
- Organize and maintain the Foundation's contracts management system
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant non-lawyer contracts management and/or paralegal background with extensive experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as drafting and negotiation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy; and are extraordinarily well organized
- Dedication to customer service; timely response to requests and follow-up as needed
- Excellent project management skills including experience being an active participant in planning, developing, and maintaining contract processes and in running programs
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of business needs; comfort making recommendations with solid business cases to the legal department
- Enthusiasm for the Mozilla mission
- Affinity for a dynamic work environment
- In-house technology company experience, and familiarity with web technologies
- Ability to operate independently and as a team member
- Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Be a notary public or willing to become one
We can hire in the jurisdictions of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany. The preferred location for this position is Toronto, Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.