Software Engineer - Backend (Pocket)Apply for this job
- San Francisco
What you’ll do:
- Own significant pieces of our architecture that millions of users interact with and hundreds of developers build applications upon.
- Tackle challenges relating to scaling our platform, improving our API, enhancing user-facing features (sync, search, recommendations, etc.) and measuring and optimizing everything we do.
- Contribute daily to decisions affecting the future of Pocket and its platform.
- You have an academic background in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 2 years professional experience. Consumer-facing product experience a plus. Experience scaling a platform to handle millions of users a plus.
- You possess a strong understanding of web standards and stay current with the latest/most relevant web technologies and trends.
- You possess strong communication skills and an ability to approach problems in a structured way and solve them with elegant code.
Pocket (Read It Later, Inc) was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.
The world's leading save-for-later service currently has more than 30 million registered users and is integrated into more than 1,500 apps. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows. Learn more on our blog.
To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.