Project Manager, Open Innovation [Contract]Apply for this job
- Project/Program Management
Do you add order to disorder? Do you bring people and opinions together? Do your friends and colleagues ask you for tips on organizing their work or lives? Do you despise this quote from Douglas Adams, “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by”?
You are seasoned project manager with at least a few years of experience. You have experience on multidisciplinary teams and have a background in digital/technology/engineering projects as well as general project management. You build trust quickly with a wide range of people, and get projects delivered.Responsibilities
- Support 2-3 projects with existing cross-functional teams
- Create and maintain a project charter for each of the projects
- Create and maintain roadmaps, including dependencies, critical path items and risk mitigation plans
- Schedule and chair regular project meetings, and ensure follow-up on action items
- Identify and communicate project risks, and work quickly to get them resolved
- Facilitate the identification and resolution of issues and decisions with project teams
- Establish, maintain and regularly report metrics on health and progress of projects
- Develop and drive processes to ensure each project is regularly capturing and communicating lessons
- Keep an updated project plan and timeline so anyone can go into the project to see the progress, main blockers and risk mitigation plans
- Establish a stakeholder list and communication schedule to inform others about project progress
- You have a track record of delivering projects under time pressure with cross-functional teams and multiple partners
- Examples of your skills in the following areas: project charters/roadmaps, clear written communication, detail orientation (will seek this out during the interview process)
- You have the ability build consensus and drive decision-making
- You can take loosely defined requirements or projects and distill them into actionable items
- You can juggle many activities without losing sight of the highest priority items
- You have experience with software development methodologies, including Agile
- You have a strong sense of accountability
- You are self-motivated while also being a standout colleague
- You have worked with a geographically dispersed team
- You demonstrate commitment to equity, access and inclusion
- Experience working with external partners and volunteers
- Experience contributing to an open source project and community
- Familiarity with GitHub
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our new Berlin office is located in Kreuzberg and features: a beautiful view of the Spree, gender neutral bathrooms, wheelchair access, a bike room, snacks, catered lunch and German classes.