Add-on Community Marketing Intern - University 2018 (San Francisco)Apply for this job
- Product Management
- San Francisco
Do you have a deep understanding of technology and love to explain how it works? Does the idea of a career writing technical documentation excite you? If so, we may have the perfect summer internship for you.
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features and improvements in Firefox. To be part of the team, we ask that you be technically-curious, a capable and always-interested-in-learning-more programmer, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work, it’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. As part of our internship program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by a talented and experienced developer, to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
Below is a small snapshot of the work we do to give you an idea about some of the big things you could do at Mozilla.
We have 1 position open for the following role:
Add-ons Intern (San Francisco)
Add-ons are a safe, simple, and powerful way for you to personalize Firefox, and the Add-on Community Experience Team (aka ACE Team) is responsible for making the experience of developing and using add-ons as delightful, rewarding, and engaging as possible.
We are looking for an intern to write and edit guides, tutorials, and articles that will help add-on developers create, manage, debug, and make their add-ons successful. The intern will work collaboratively with developers, product managers, and usability designers to support add-on developers.
You're a great match if you are self-directed, passionate about technology, and have a talent for clear and concise writing.
As the Add-on Marketing Intern, you will:
- Contribute to marketing campaign concepts and development
- Pitch copy and marketing ideas for engaging with add-on users
- Work with the product team to understand communication priorities and write articles, posts, and other marcom to support those priorities
- Install and try lots of add-ons and make meaningful recommendations
- Assist in the management of AMO’s editorial calendar
- Maintain the voice and tone for add-ons in Mozilla channels
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a focus on the Technical Writing, Journalism, or Communications field with graduation dates starting December 2017 and onward
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient in explaining complex concepts and techniques to others
- Familiar with Web technologies
- Ability to identify feature-worthy add-ons and articulate why
- Ability to adhere to styles and processes
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Focus on quality and details
- Collaborative and constructive
- Ability to empathize with your audience
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload, and meet project milestones and deadlines
- Well-versed with spoken and written English
Mozilla is a global technology nonprofit super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, and with a mission to keep the Web open and accessible to all. We drive impact by building great products and services that give people more control to explore the full potential of their online lives, and empower them with technology, know-how and opportunities to advance the open Web. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Want to see what Interns were working on this past summer?