Product Management Intern - University 2018Apply for this job
- Product Management
Mozilla is hiring Software Engineering Interns into our technical teams throughout the world. Our headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but we also have opportunities at our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, London, Paris, and Berlin!
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features and improvements in Firefox. To be part of the team, we ask that you be technically-curious, a capable and always-interested-in-learning-more programmer, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work, it’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. As part of our internship program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by a talented and experienced developer, to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
Below is a small snapshot of the work we do to give you an idea about some of the big things you could do at Mozilla.
We have 1 position open for the following role:
Product Manager Intern
We are looking for someone to join the Firefox Product Management team that shapes, influences and manages the Firefox experience across iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux. You'll have the opportunity to manage feature definitions across mobile and desktop platforms that speak to Mozilla's own values and philosophies for deployment in the Firefox browser and associated products.
Engaging with many teams throughout Mozilla including Engineering, Marketing, Metrics, and User Experience, you will spec new features using the scientific method to outline how we hypothesise that they will contribute to improving Firefox success metrics.
For the features for which you will be responsible, you will undertake analysis (qualitative and quantitative), calculate the estimated impact, formulate hypotheses, specify success criterias with corresponding metrics, and build out phases of deployment starting with a Minimum Viable/Valuable Product (MVP). After each phase, you will measure the success of it and determine next steps. If successful, you will also brief PR and Marketing to ensure the feature is positioned appropriately externally.
This position provides you not only the opportunity to learn more about Product Management as a career choice, but just as importantly, gives you the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of millions of users who use Firefox products every day.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development or Bachelors in Business (or MBA) and Bachelors in Design
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting December 2018 and onward or have graduated from a Coding Academy within last 6 months
- Excellent understanding of modern software development processes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for cloud services that work everywhere
- Ability to 'speak tech' while translating in words for the non-techie
- Has a growth mindset when approaching a problem
- You comfortable uncovering wins as you are learning from losses
- Ability to work with a cross-section of teams that are dispersed globally
- Experience with SQL and most common analytics tools is a plus
- Experience with A/B testing tools
- Experience with tools like Photoshop, InDesign, Invision or Balsamiq
- Experience using code repositories like Github
- Experience with usability testing or user research
**Please include a cover letter describing yourself and/or dissertation topic and relevant area of interest.**
Mozilla’s headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but you’ll find us in offices, and remotely, all over the world. Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
Want to see what Interns were working on this past summer?