Python Engineering Intern - University 2018 (San Francisco, Mountain View)Apply for this job
- Mountain View, San Francisco
Mozilla is hiring Software Engineering Interns into our technical teams throughout the world. Our headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but we also have opportunities at our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, London, Paris, and Berlin!
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features and improvements in Firefox. To be part of the team, we ask that you be technically-curious, a capable and always-interested-in-learning-more programmer, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work, it’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. As part of our internship program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by a talented and experienced developer, to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
Below is a small snapshot of the work we do to give you an idea about some of the big things you could do at Mozilla.
We have 4 positions open for the following roles:
Build System Intern (SF)
The Developer Workflow team is a brand new team at Mozilla that has two big goals:
- Improve the Firefox build system and environment to enable developers to compile Firefox code more quickly and reproducibly; and
- Enable Firefox developers to work productively in either GitHub or Mercurial, while improving the Mercurial experience so that Mercurial becomes the natural choice.
Firefox Data Engineering Intern (MTV)
The Firefox teams working on the Firefox Data Platform collect, store, analyze and visualize Firefox telemetry data to better understand how people experience Firefox. Developers use that information to identify problems and generally make the Firefox experience more awesome. Members of our teams work on the Firefox client code that collects the data, the cloud hosted data pipeline that collects and stores the data, and the tools that enable developers to analyze and visualize the data.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting December 2018 and onward or have graduated from a Coding Academy within last 6 months
- Coding and Scripting experience, preferably in Python
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and common programming practices
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving abilities
- Ability and passion for working in the open and engaging with Mozilla’s global community.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Want to see what Interns were working on this past summer?