Design Intern - University 2018 (Toronto)Apply for this job
Mozilla is hiring innovative minded Designer Interns into our design teams throughout the world. Our headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but also have exciting opportunities at our offices in: Toronto!
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features and improvements in Firefox. To be part of the team, we ask that you be technically-curious, a capable and always-interested-in-learning-more programmer, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work, it’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. As part of our internship program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by a talented and experienced developer, to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
Below is a small snapshot of potential work content provided to give you some of big ideas you could work with at Mozilla!
We have 1 positions open for the following roles:
Design Intern (TOR)
Do you want to be part of the team that designs and delivers the world’s best browser? The Firefox UX team is a fun lovin’ bunch of designers, developers, and researchers dedicated to helping create great products that make sense and bring joy to people.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, HCI or related technical discipline with a focus on software development, with graduation dates starting December 2018 and onward
- Create navigation flows, user stories, wireframes and interactions
- Design prototypes to test ideas and identify shortcomings
- Communicate your work through mockups and pixel perfect deliverables
- Collaborate with engineers, researchers and other designers to ensure a great user experience from design to implementation
- Passion to design excellent products for humans
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
Want to see what Interns were working on this past summer?
2017 Intern Presentations