Director/Sr. Manager of Android Application EngineeringApply for this job
- Taipei Development Center
We are looking for a seasoned mobile applications engineering director to lead Mozilla Taiwan’s Android application product development teams.
In this role, you are not only a hands-on leader who is able to provide technical feedback on projects you are responsible for, but also a director who helps your teams on reaching their goals by providing support and career development.
As the Director of Android Application Engineering at Mozilla Taiwan, you will…
- Working with product management and corporate strategists, lead Android application product development teams to deliver browser and application products into emerging markets.
- Apply expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established company mission, culture, and processes.
- Advise senior management on the development of tactical and strategic goals of the Mozilla Taipei Android apps product development organization.
- Set clear expectations for your teams and people. Set goals, deliverables, and hold your teams accountable for them.
- Anticipate and address issues within the teams around communication, performance, team interpersonal dynamics, and unclear ownership swiftly and directly.
- Build resource plans that anticipate future needs, and work with management to ensure we're investing our resources wisely across the entire group
- Manage your team's healthy work attitude and ethics, and find creative ways to make them more productive and happy.
Your Professional Profile
- 10 years of experience in software engineering, with at least 6 years of people management and managing managers experience.
- Experienced in delivering multiple Android applications products.
- Experienced in leading prototyping of multiple, simultaneous product ideas.
- Proficiency in modern iterative software development practices
- Ability to take initiatives and be creative at leading your teams to success.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management, peers, and subordinates.
- Proficient in written and verbal English communication
- Ability to travel globally 30% of the time
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.