Senior Accountant (Pocket)Apply for this job
- San Francisco
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Over 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date. If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017).
The Senior Accountant’s overall responsibility is to increase business insights through a mix of accounting and analyses. As a business partner, you'll have the opportunity to monitor key accounting and product metrics, manage operating and capital expenditures, and coordinate with cross-functional teams to achieve overall company financial goals. You are a strategic thinker who sees the big picture and understands the details and mechanics behind the scene. You effectively communicate one-on-one and in groups as well as via email or phone when location and/or time zone restrictions apply. Besides being a motivated self-starter who can work independently in a chaotic, oftentimes ambiguous environment, you also love a challenge. We are looking for someone who can both grow in this role and at Pocket in general. This position reports to the CEO.
As a Senior Accountant for Pocket, you will...Perform accounting functions as assigned including:
- Accounts Receivable; including Revenue Recognition
- Accounts Payable; including expense reports, credit card transactions and intercompany transactions
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance; along with audit documentation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Own and lead month end close process including documentation for audit
- Responsible for entering Accruals and Reclasses which are aligned with corporate policies
- Provide insightful ad-hoc business analytical support for product profitability analysis
- Improving processes and procedures
- Assist with budgeting process
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years experience in similar accounting roles (preferably at a growth tech company)
- Understanding and skills relating to SaaS revenue recognition model
- Experience in Business Partnering and collaborating with outside resources
- Experience in developing and maintaining complex revenue recognition models
- Advanced working skill set with Excel and Google Presentation
- Knowledge of Intacct, Bill.com, and Expensify
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, cross functional, and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience working effectively with all levels in the company from contributor to senior management
- Ability to effectively handle deadlines and have a eye for accuracy and attention to detail
Pocket (Read It Later, Inc) was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.
The world's leading save-for-later service currently has more than 30 million registered users and is integrated into more than 1,500 apps. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows. Learn more on our blog.
To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.