Financial AnalystApply for this job
- Mountain View, San Francisco
We are seeking a Finance Business Partner who will lead some key initiatives to guide better decision-making in our organization. The overall vision is to increase business insights through a mix of investment modeling, financial analyses, and data dashboard. As the finance partner, you will monitor key financial product metrics, manage operating and capital expenditures, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve overall company goals and financial goals.
We are looking for a partner who can both grow in this role and at Mozilla in general. This person is a strategic thinker who sees the big picture and understands the details and mechanics behind the scene. This person can also effectively communicate with different audience groups as well as via methodology when location and/or time zone restrictions apply. Besides being a dedicated self-starter who can work independently in a dynamic and agile environment, this person also loves a challenge. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
As a Financial Analyst at Mozilla, you will…
- You will lead all FP&A responsibilities including monthly close, forecasting, and annual budget
- You will prepare monthly insights package including variance analysis, P&L, Waterfall forecast, and Metrics Dashboard preparation and reporting
- You will conduct monthly departmental financial reviews with various key Mozilla Management
- You will assist and socialize standard financial important metrics for communicating / measuring product performance
- You will provide insightful ad-hoc business analytical support for product profitability analysis
- You will act as insightful partner to advise business owners in decision-making around investment and operations.
- BA/BS in Finance or related field
- 3+ years experience in similar financial planning and analysis roles (preferably at a growth tech company)
- Experience in building and maintaining complex financial models
- Knowledge of Anaplan or similar ERP system
- Thrive in an agile, multitask, cross functional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience working effectively with all levels in the company from analysts to senior management
- Serve as key partner to business owners to make financial recommendations based on data and metrics
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.