Account Manager (Pocket)Apply for this job
- San Francisco
The target location for this position is Pocket's San Francisco office.
We’re looking for a passionate, driven Account Manager to help us grow our ad business across Pocket’s entire platform, while delivering excellent customer service to our brands and partners.
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content on any device. If you are passionate about working at a company that is looking to massively scale its content sponsorship business while using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to own projects from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people, across many different devices and platforms. Your role will fundamentally affect the success of Pocket’s ad business.
You’ll work directly with our Sales, Customer Service, and Product Teams to grow and improve our advertising business. Additionally, you will be focused on providing flawless execution, quarterbacking deliverables from multiple teams, and working with our internal Sales team to identify a path to campaign delivery based upon client objectives and constraints. You will see campaigns from planning to launch and provide a heavy hand in activation and post campaign activities. The Account Manager role is essential to the success of a repeat campaign and long term client relationships and Pocket’s ultimate revenue success.
Come work with us and make a big impact.What you’ll do:
- Manage pre-sales planning & operations
- Understand market dynamics and how Pocket fits into the digital media and content research landscapes
- Utilize product expertise to advise Sales in the development of compelling, cross-platform media and content research programs and pitch decks in response to RFPs that tell the Pocket story
- Work with our tight-knit, collaborative team to work on RFPs, campaign set-up reporting, and post-campaign activities
- Manage post-sales ad delivery and program operations
- Manage ad trafficking and campaign optimization for media campaigns
- Develop campaign performance reports for media campaigns
- Serve as the primary post-sale point of contact for campaign execution of all pending and live campaigns
- Provide superior customer service through professional and attentive support to all internal and external client inquiries.
- Act as the internal authority in understanding and advising internal support teams on all aspects and intricacies of clients’ campaigns
- Coordinate and lead internal and external campaign kick-off calls to establish campaign timelines, deliverables and success metrics.
- Present client feedback to Pocket product and marketing teams and work to develop new sales offerings to meet client needs
- 2-4 years of related work experience in client services, ad operations or sales support roles within the digital media industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong analytical mindset - using Excel to create basic reports and charts shouldn’t scare you
- Strong presentation development skills (Powerpoint, Keynote)
- Ability to understand client needs, create relevant solutions, set proper expectations and communicate important details
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms and processes
- Understanding of native advertising and content marketing
- Dynamic, flexible, hard-working and highly organized approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter that is well organized with good attention to detail
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly communicate with clients to get them the information they need in a timely basis
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with ad servers a plus
Pocket (Read It Later, Inc) was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.
The world's leading save-for-later service currently has more than 30 million registered users and is integrated into more than 1,500 apps. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows.
Learn more on our blog.To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.