Services Engineering ManagerApply for this job
- Mountain View, Portland, Remote, San Francisco
Mozilla is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team building SHIELD, the platform for research, experiments, and product delivery in Firefox. Our team develops tools and services to help Mozilla ship products that keep the Internet alive and accessible.About the job
You will be managing an engineering team working on several aspects of our platform, including backend services, internal administrative interfaces, public dashboards, data analysis pipelines, and Firefox itself. Your team will work with a variety of web-focused technologies.As a web engineering manager at Mozilla you will:
- Mentor and manage a team of 4-8 software engineers distributed around the world.
- Report to an engineering director or senior manager.
- Lead the completion of major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is of high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Communicate and coordinate with several other teams that rely on or help maintain the SHIELD platform
- Develop and communicate the roadmap, scope, and risks of your team’s projects.
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
- Be a positive influence on the team, fostering Mozilla’s cultural values.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
Your Professional Requirements:
- 5+ years of overall relevant industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and ship software projects at scale.
- Proficiency with software development practices for issue triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Ability to take initiative in a loosely structured environment to lead your team to success.
- Capability to manage and mentor geographically-distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
- Demonstrated effective and persuasive written and oral communication skills.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things.We’re excited to see:
- Familiarity with feature experiment design and analysis
- Experience with best practices in software security and threat modeling.
- Working knowledge of modern software development build and test processes.
If our team sounds like a good fit for you please send us your resume with a cover letter. Tell us about why you're passionate about Mozilla and this position. If you contribute to any open source software, or maintain a blog, Twitter, or similar online presence we'd love to hear about it.About Mozilla
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.