Senior Data ScientistApply for this job
- Product Management
- Mountain View, Portland, Remote, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
The target locations for this position are; Vancouver, Toronto, Portland, Mountain View and San Francisco. Remote is an option in North America.
At Mozilla, we want to make Firefox a better product for our users. We collect terabytes of data a day from millions of users to guide our product decision-making. We could use your help.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be a member of the product development organization. You are an inquisitive thinker who is keen to practice full-stack data science, with experience ranging from designing and engineering data extraction processes to finding patterns and anomalies in data through analytical techniques. You have strong interest in honing your technical skills further on a wide variety of real-world data. You believe that data science can lead to insights that can guide the future development of Firefox. You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and understand how our worldwide community experiences our products.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Mozilla
- You will help design and analyze experiments to understand ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- You build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- You advocate for strong analytical standard methodologies across the organization
- You are responsible for the definition, evaluation and reporting of key product metrics
- You sit at the intersection between product, engineering, and leadership to inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- You will help foster a culture of experimentation to build a better Firefox
Your Professional Profile
- Seeking applicants at different levels of experience; minimum of 1-2 years experience doing quantitative analysis, particularly in an Internet-focused, consumer-oriented organization
- A Master’s or higher degree from computer, mathematical, physical, life, or social science is desirable
- Background in applied statistical modeling on large experimental or observational data sets
- Experience extracting data from a variety of sources, and a desire to expand those skills (working knowledge SQL is required, Spark is a plus)
- Proficiency with one or more of the programming languages: Python preferred, Scala/R nice to know
- Experience working in a distributed, open-source oriented culture is a plus
- A global perspective in how to conduct research and understanding of cultural nuances
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data, multi-task, and produce results independently or collaboratively in a team environment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.