Firefox Telemetry EngineerApply for this job
- Berlin, London, Mountain View, Paris, Remote, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
The target locations for this position are; Berlin, Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Toronto, Vancouver, Paris, London, Denver, or Remote in one of those countries.
At Mozilla we want to make Firefox a delightful product for our users. We are collecting and processing terabytes of data a day from hundreds of millions of users to improve Firefox, build data driven features, and foster a data-informed culture. We need your help.
You will be working with a talented group of engineers, product managers, and data scientists to make the Web a better place and impact the everyday lives of our users. Our goal is to empower our colleagues in making Firefox better than ever.As a Telemetry engineer at Mozilla:
- You will contribute to the Firefox Telemetry system by adding new features
- You will improve the quality of Firefox Telemetry by diagnosing and solving problems
- You will work with different teams to help them instrument features in Firefox or other products
- You will work on features across multiple platforms and technologies
- BS/MS in CS, CE or similar field... or 3+ years relevant work experience
- Experience working on client applications (mobile or desktop)
- Experience working on cross-platform applications (Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile)
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Ability to work with other teams across an organization
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
As our team works across multiple areas, you should be curious and be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to see any additional experience with:
- Modern web development, Rust or Python scripting
- Using data to improve products
- Delivering cross-platform client applications on Desktop or mobile
- Working on a large code-base
If you have different experiences and skills from the ones listed above but have something else to contribute, please contact us.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in Europe or North America. You must have work authorization in one of these countries (we cannot hire anyone on a student visa at this time). We support flexible work hours, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes childcare assistance.About Mozilla
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.