IT Operations Center ManagerApply for this job
- Berlin, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco
Do you love being a part of a maturing team that directly supports Mozilla’s technical infrastructure? Do you enjoy mentoring, developing and challenging the individuals within your team? Are you someone who understands what it means to own a service and work hard to ensure that the business derives value from these services. If so, our Mozilla Operations Center (MOC) Manager role may be a great fit for you! We’re looking for someone who can help grow our Operations Center into a high performance team that delivers consistent, quality operations engineering services.
You will influence change throughout the team, through directly documenting and socializing process improvement opportunities. You will grow the team’s impact across Mozilla by delivering value back to your customers through reliable, accurate and timely services. You enjoy engaging directly with partners to review agreed service levels and value transparency through impactful metrics. You can actively manage incidents as they occur across global locations, leading by example and modeling how we handle production issues.
You are proud to perform operations engineering across a global enterprise with a passion for improving stability. You are detail oriented, value clear and consistent communication and keep a cool, yet firm, head in every situation. You also share our mission in supporting the Open Source community and the values that Mozilla represents.About the Position
Mozilla is looking for an Operations Center Manager to enable the team to provide 24x7 support for production systems and services. We work closely across Mozilla's IT and other technology teams for day-to-day support, new projects, monitoring and metrics. We partner and coordinate higher priority incidents and associated communications for the organization.
This global position could be supported from our new and expanding Berlin office, our vibrant and growing Portland space or either of our centralized San Francisco Bay Area locations.Responsibilities:
- You are to measure and improve the maturity of various ITSM process across the team and broader IT
- You will provide metrics and dashboards that portray both performance and highlight trends that require action
- You will partner with other support groups within and without IT to agree and document service levels
- You will manage the general troubleshooting and alerting response to keep our critical infrastructure up and running smoothly
- You can quickly understand and communicate the impact of outages as well as communicate ongoing issues and track status for Incident Management
- You will oversee the processes that include documentation, run books and defined levels of service in order to manage to expected ITIL framework concepts
- You will enjoy the ability to work with the Mozilla corporation and community to drive the values we share
- You will be responsible for Root Cause Analysis and will drive Post-mortem discussions and subsequent action items.
- You have an exposure to basic scripting and programming skills
- You have a solid grasp of basic networking, storage and Data Center concepts and possess the skills to drive vendor support for issue resolution
- You will have exposure to extensible, automated, and integrated tools to monitor and scale infrastructure operations deftly
- Extraordinary documentation, communication, and organization skills, detail oriented
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn and understand unfamiliar technologies
- Affinity for open environments that encourage learning, teamwork and partnership
- Capable of giving and accepting mentorship with team members
- Exposure to Nagios, Prometheus, New Relic & Splunk preferred
- Previous work with open source tools/contributor to open source community
Mozilla is a global and highly diverse organization chock-full of deeply talented people whom you will no doubt learn from. Your role will have purpose as our objective at Mozilla is to keep the Internet alive and accessible. Our goals are meaningful, yet our work environment is casual, enjoyable and highly flexible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.