Desktop Systems SpecialistApply for this job
Mozilla is seeking a part time contract support technician to be based in our Mountain View office. Our business-savvy IT organization, needs an enthusiastic advocate for enabling our users to always be productive and driving the Mozilla mission. You will surprise and delight our internal users by ensuring the best technology is available to them both individually and collectively. Mozilla is looking for you to chip in to a close-knit virtual service desk, supporting neighboring offices and sharing a dynamic workload, while offering rare abilities to the Service Desk team. You will maintain a positive attitude and the aim to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
You will respond well to written and verbal direction, retains ownership of incidents and problems, and provides continuous feedback to customers and IT partners. This entails working with the End-User Services team, NetOps, AVOps and the Workplace Resources team while coordinating with outside vendors including the designated AV and telecom companies. You will be configuring and setting up Mac, Windows, and Linux laptops, desktops, desk phones, tablets, printers, and performing conference room checks on AV equipment.
- Troubleshoot/resolve complex issues in a global support environment and provide appropriate follow-up
- Troubleshoot/resolve and or escalate AV issues
- Troubleshoot/resolve and or escalate network connection issues
- Setup and support mobile devices including Android and iPhone
- Endpoint management of Apple/Windows/Redhat/Ubuntu/Linux ecosystems
- Administer user accounts and VoIP phones
- Ability to configure, upgrade, and relocate ecosystem software and print devices
- Desk side support for employees who require immediate attention
- Perform software and hardware configuration across several platforms
- Document all incidents and requests with detail, accuracy for both accurate metrics and to help build a rich IT knowledge base
Your Professional Profile
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience supporting Windows or Macs in a business environment
- You will possess domain expertise in multiple areas of end-user computing technologies
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS X PC hardware installation and configuration
- Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems
- Experience in deploying and supporting cell phones, phone systems, video conference equipment and various wireless devices
- Expertise in supporting various local and network based printing technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good communication, analytical, and leadership skills necessary for independent project work
- Innate understanding of urgency and the escalation of issue quickly when appropriate
- Solving problems of performance and/or malfunction of network hardware, desktop and laptop hardware, software applications, telephones, and Audio/Video to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Set up testing, operation, and tear down of audio visual (AV) and video conference equipment if required for events.
- Ensure any equipment is stored appropriately
- Maintain conference room integrity through appropriate equipment/cable management. Advance housekeeping issues to appropriate parties. Ensure compliance with safety standards
- Ensure high quality customer service at all levels