Legal InternApply for this job
- Business Development
- Mountain View
As a Legal Intern at Mozilla, you will work on cutting edge product, commercial legal, policy and business issues at a company that creates products aimed at maximizing the value of the open web as a global public resource for the benefit of all, such as Firefox. We are a small, diverse, elite team of people working on complex and varied legal issues across the entire company. Your daily responsibilities will touch on multiple areas of law, from IP and privacy to corporate governance and employment-related issues.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work. It’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. As part of our internship program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by somebody brilliant, to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
Below is a small snapshot of the work we do to give you an idea about some of the big things you could do at Mozilla.
As a Legal Intern at Mozilla, you will…
- Research legal issues related to privacy, intellectual property, the internet and commercial law
- Draft memos analyzing how new laws and regulations will affect the company
- Assist with drafting commercial agreements
- Currently enrolled in a law degree (J.D. or L.L.M.) program at an ABA-accredited law school, with graduation date of December 2018 and onward
- A demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for technology-related legal issues
- Excellent research and writing skills
- An interest and willingness to address the broader policy and technology challenges to Mozilla’s mission of advancing the open web
- Strong communications and social skills
- Reasonable fluency in and passion for technology
- The flexibility and energy to help with all aspects of Mozilla’s legal work.
Mozilla is a global technology nonprofit super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, and with a mission to keep the Web open and accessible to all. We drive impact by building great products and services that give people more control to explore the full potential of their online lives, and empower them with technology, know-how and opportunities to advance the open Web. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Want to see what Interns were working on this past summer?