Product & Commercial CounselApply for this job
- Mountain View, San Francisco
In your role, you will:
- Provide legal advice to teams across Mozilla, including engineering, product management, business development, PR and marketing.
- Advise on, and draft, revise, or negotiate license and product integration agreements.
- Develop and maintain terms of service, privacy notices, and other documents.
- Serve as an integral member of cross-functional teams that shape the future of the company.
- Be ready to help with aspects of legal work that come up.
Knowledge of product counsel work with proven skill in:
- Patents, trade secrets & confidentiality
- Privacy and Data Compliance
- Copyright and online intermediary liability
- Volunteers and community participation
- Standards, Competition & Antitrust
- Experience supporting product management, engineering, user experience, marketing, and public relations functions.
- A deep understanding of product, business development, and marketing needs.
- High fluency in Internet technologies and software development.
- The ability to provide high quality client service on a broad set of legal (and sometimes non-legal) issues.
- The ability to operate independently and in sync with your peers. We are a fun team that enjoys working together.
- Flexibility in action and proficiency with rapid innovation and pivots in strategy.Minimum qualifications:
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of California, or eligible to practice as a California registered in-house attorney.
- 6+ years as an attorney at a law firm and/or in-house legal department, directly counseling clients regarding product-related legal issues.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.