Senior Manager, People OperationsApply for this job
- People & Organizational Development
- Mountain View, San Francisco
Our focus is on Mozillians. We work to deliver programs, services, insights, and support to make sure our employees can concentrate on what they do best—keeping the internet free. To do that, we need to hire the best People professionals in the market.
The Senior Manager, People Operations is a new role responsible for three critical areas.
First, managing the daily priorities, updates, and tasks in Workday to ensure data integrity, efficient business processes, and accurate data reporting and visualization.
Second, managing a portfolio of projects that enhances the Mozilla People organization’s services and “products” for the company, which focus on core HR service delivery and process improvement that helps reduce administrative friction for managers and employees. This requires a solid understanding of how technology enables human processes.
Third, supporting annual People programs, which entail cross-functional leadership and strong relationship development. These efforts span the employee life cycle and often serve as the basis in which the People team adds constant value to client groups and employees. The successful candidate will co-develop a deliberate but thoughtful operational cadence. This role requires daily management of coordinators, generalists, and manager-level team members; overall project and program management to make the function more efficient; and management of the hiring plan and operational budget for the function.Qualifications:
- Ten years of HR experience, preferably in a variety of HR roles, with an understanding of the employee life cycle. Strong compensation and recruiting experience desired.
- Excellent HR project management skills in defining scope, schedules, and resources to ensure consistent quality. Six Sigma Green Belt desired.
- Equally strong HR program management skills in rolling out well-considered, varied programs across the life cycle with consistent high quality.
- Knowledgeable about HRIS in developing scale efficiencies, resulting in getting more work done through systems by clearly articulating business requirements to HRIS teams. Workday HCM and Compensation in-depth experience desired.
- Successful management of a diverse team with multiple, concurrent work streams.
- Annual and quarterly work planning expertise. Thoughtful developer of department work plans for 6- and 12-month increments, based on higher-level plans and strategies.
- Solid financial acumen. Understand the nuances in creating an annual and quarterly budget against team goals and priorities. Consistently hit spend targets for People and Program dollar budgets.
- Proven soft skills to instigate change through influence and relationships outside HR, especially with Legal, Finance, Payroll, and IT.
- Committed to developing staff skills and capabilities that align to career aspirations. You make the workplace better for everyone.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Critical thinker. You embrace the clients’ perspective, carefully consider proposals and processes, and make the right choices—but always decisively.
- Reliable. You possess a solid, emotional intelligence with an equally strong drive to get work done.
- Trusted. You say it, you do it. You personally follow through on commitments.
- Creative. You can always figure how any task can be accomplished.
- Collaborative. You can riff on great ideas because team success is your motivator. Your influencer and relationship-building skills are honed and part of your career success model.
- Customer-focused. You line up projects to knock them down and deliver results. You balance your desire for successful accomplishments with the knowledge that your output is better than just good.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Workday HCM, Compensation Module, Report Writer, and other Workday core modules
- MSFT Suite and Google Suite
- Agile or other rapid project management training and application
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.