Office and Culture Manager (Pocket)Apply for this job
- San Francisco
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content on any device and now we’re backed by Mozilla, an organization focused on a healthy internet.
In this role as Office and Culture Manager, you will take on a range of office management and team culture responsibilities. You will be responsible for handling the day-to-day operations of our office and help build and maintain Pocket’s positive, high-performing and inclusive culture. You'll make sure our office runs like a well-oiled machine!
You will have exceptional organizational skills, be a natural self-starter, thrive in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to successfully multitask.
This role is full-time and is based in downtown San Francisco.What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of a 30+ person and growing office, from ensuring everything is set up and working properly to keeping the team fed to making sure we celebrate birthdays and anniversaries.
- Responsible for keeping the office and kitchen clean, organized and presentable at all times. Ensure the office is fully stocked with supplies and necessary items.
- Serve as the point person for all things office-related. This includes responding to maintenance issues, ordering supplies, coordinating deliveries, sorting mail, managing vendors, and interfacing with the building manager.
- Handle seat assignments and space planning as new members join the team and the office grows.
- Work with hiring managers to host in-office interview candidates and work with Mozilla HR to ensure new hires have a smooth onboarding.
- Help plan and organize office events, team trips, and off-sites.
- Coordinate travel for remote employees/business travel, etc.
- Support our executive team with scheduling and meeting coordination.
- Workplace experience, ideally in an office manager, operations, administrative, or executive assistant role at a small company. 2-3 years experience is a plus.
- Hospitality and/or event planning experience is a plus.
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking, problem-solving and time-management skills. You can conquer a detailed to-do list with little supervision and have the ability to anticipate needs and be proactive to resolving things in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated, with a strong aptitude for staying focused in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and an incredibly meticulous attention to detail.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility and dependability.
- Great verbal and written communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate problems and decisions.
- The ability to handle information in a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Passionate about office operations, fostering a strong culture and creating great places to work.
- You're technologically savvy (you have at least a basic understanding of G suite and Microsoft Office)
Pocket (Read It Later, Inc) was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.
The world's leading save-for-later service currently has more than 30 million registered users and is integrated into more than 1,500 apps. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.